Saturday, September 14, 2013

What I learned week 3 edld 5364

This week I have learned a lot to say the least this has been a very busy week with all the readings and videos and then the massive assignment that is due along with being a teacher with a classroom, but I must say that I enjoyed creating the book builder and will definitely use that in my classrooms in the future.  I enjoyed listening to the kids and parents abuot how technology has influenced and enhanced their childs life. I think technology is the way teaching is headed  one of my favorite quotes was
Technology is more than a tool. It is an essential component of everyday life, that frames thier world view." Found in Welcome to the Digital Generation, Citation: Edutopia.org (nd) Welcome to the Digital Generation. Retrieved from: http://www.edutopia.org/digital-generation-project-overview-video. I think this is so true, technology has become more than a tool to students today, it is thier way of life, with Facebook, twitter, Edmodo, texting, Google, internet, all these together have become the norm for kids in todays society. Without a smart phone or computer, they do thier homework and even submit all thier work over the internet. If they don't have a computer now a days they are considered the minority. I remember growing up we didn't have smart phones and computers, when my students ask when I received my first computer or phone and i tell them in my 20's they are like No really Ms. Gove when did you. Unfortunately, they don't know a world without all this technology, so not teaching them how to use it will be a disservice to these kids, technology is a part of their life now and we need to make sure we are helping them be successful in thier technology training and learn how to use it correctly and safely.  

I think I loved the part in the book “Using Technology With Classroom Instruction That Works,” pp. 41-58, 217-225 where they give you lotsof different web pages that so you different ways of putting it all together.



I also enjoyed reading about the blogs and wiki’s etc. that you can incorporate into your classroom. Unfortunatley, I can do that if my kids can get on my computers at school, because my group is economically disadvantaged that most have computers but hardly any have the wifi to be able to get on the internet to access the sites. 

No comments:

Post a Comment