Sunday, September 29, 2013

What I learned week 5 of EDLD 5364

“Perhaps the most obvious use of Web 2.0 tools for assessment would be for students to be able to show what they know in a wide variety of media." (Solomon and Schrum, pg 168). What we learned this week was that we need to pull in assessment of all types of media to assess our students. We need to see what all they know on all the types of techonology. Which would be great if and only if they all had access to computers and the world wide web. At my school I give students a chance to work on the internet at home for spelling but many come to me and say they have no access to computers or some to the internet. I tell them no problem, it isn’t a grade just something fun you could do at home to help you learn what we are working on. In a perfect world where kids have access to the internet it would be great to assess them with all types of media. My class loves it when they actually get to play on the computers with the different softwares and programs and websites I have set up for them. Web 2.0 new tools, new schools. 2007 Gwen Solomon and Lynne Schrum, International Society for Technology in Education

No comments:

Post a Comment